Suffolk Libraries is delighted to be working with BBC Radio Suffolk on the new Be Kind to a Kid this Christmas appeal.
The idea is to collect donations of new toys to pass on to children who’d appreciate an extra present this Christmas to help spread a little festive joy during the cost-of-living crisis in Suffolk.
The appeal is part of our Warm Welcome campaign which builds on the campaign run by Suffolk Libraries last year.
All 45 libraries in Suffolk are happy to take in donations of brand-new quality toys. If you would like to make a toy donation, our libraries will be accepting toys until Friday 8 December. You can find opening times for all our libraries on our website.
What we’re looking for:
- Toys must have the correct CE safety marks on
- Toys should be suitable for a child around 0-7 years old
- We're unable to take in big items such as bikes, so something which would fit in a shoebox or shopping bag would be ideal
- We can take unused and unopened toys if they are still in their original packaging
- Some shops may be offering a buy one get one free or similar offer if you'd like to donate the spare toy.
Our mobiles and pop-up libraries cannot accept donations.