Apply online for a library card and we’ll email your library card number within one working day so you can start using the eLibrary straight away.
You can apply for a library card if you:
- live in Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire or Essex
- work in or visit Suffolk, but don’t live here
Your library card allows you to:
- borrow titles from all our libraries
- renew, reserve and view your details and loans online
- download eBooks, eAudiobooks, online newspapers and magazines and music for free
Your library card is free.
Getting a library card
Visit a library
- If you live in Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire or Essex bring proof of address
- If your home address isn’t in these counties bring your work address or the address you’re visiting
Apply for a card online
You can only apply for a card online if you live in Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire or Essex.
When you apply online you’ll be taken to a different website.
Note: We are not currently sending library cards in the post due to the coronavirus situation. However, we will email your library card number within one working day so you can start using the eLibrary straight away. We will also send your card in the post once the situation allows us to.
If you are 16 or under you will need a guarantor.
Replacing a library card
You can purchase a replacement card update your account by visiting one of our libraries with ID and proof of address. There is a £1.50 charge for a replacement card.
Logging in online
If you have a Suffolk Libraries card you can login online with the card number and 4 digit PIN. When you login you can:
- Make reservations for collection from any Suffolk Library
- Update your library account
- Renew titles
- Sign up for email notifications when reservations arrive, titles are due back or when they’re overdue