You can apply for a library card if you:
- live in Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire or Essex
- work in or visit Suffolk, but don’t live here
Your library card allows you to:
- borrow titles from all our libraries
- renew, reserve and view your details and loans online
- download ebooks, online magazines, audiobooks and music for free
Your library card is free.
Getting a library card
Visit a library
- If you live in Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire or Essex bring proof of address
- If your home address isn’t in these counties bring your work address or the address you’re visiting
Apply for a card online
You can only apply for a card online if you live in Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire or Essex.
When you apply online you’ll be taken to a different website.
Please allow 10 days for us to send you the card.
If you are 16 or under you will need a guarantor.
Replacing a library card
You can purchase a replacement card update your account by visiting one of our libraries with ID and proof of address. There is a £1.50 charge for a replacement card.
Logging in online
If you have a Suffolk Libraries card you can login online with the card number and 4 digit PIN. When you login you can:
- Make reservations for collection from any Suffolk Library
- Update your library account
- Renew titles
- Sign up for email notifications when reservations arrive, titles are due back or when they’re overdue