All children in care aged 0-18 are eligible for a free Suffolk Libraries card. This looks exactly the same as an ordinary library card, but:
- They won’t incur charges for overdue or lost items
- They won’t have to pay for a replacement card if they lose it.
Reading for pleasure has been shown to increase literacy, educational attainment, wellbeing and empathy, but it’s not just about the books.
Children can also use their library cards to borrow:
They can have up to 20 books and six audiobooks out at a time.
Children in long-term care are entitled to a welcome pack alongside their library card. Each pack includes:
- A free sound and vision loan voucher
- Information about events and activities in libraries
- A free book.
If you are a carer looking after a child in long term care or their support worker you can register them for a library card at any library in Suffolk.
The child does not need to be present and staff will ask you for:
- Your Carers ID or CYP identification badge
- Your contact details and
- The child’s date of birth
If you would like to know more, contact email@example.com