Suffolk Libraries are asking people living in the Rosehill area their views on potential changes to the library’s opening hours.
Under this proposal the total number of library opening hours will stay the same, but the library would open 30 minutes earlier on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, and close an hour and a half earlier on Fridays.
The proposed new opening times would meet customer requests for earlier opening times and improve the safety of staff who currently work alone until 7:30pm on Fridays.
Before making any changes, we want to canvas the views of as many customers and groups who use the library as possible. We’re also interested in your use of and thoughts about Rosehill Library. We’re inviting you to complete our online survey or fill in a paper form from the library by Tuesday 26 November.
The proposed changes and opening hours are as follows:
- Monday - closed (no change)
- Tuesday - 9:30am - 5pm (no change)
- Wednesday - 9am - 5pm (currently 9:30am - 5pm)
- Thursday - 9am - 5pm (currently 9:30am - 5pm)
- Friday - 9am - 6pm (currently 9:30am - 7:30pm)
- Saturday - 9:30am - 5pm (no change)
- Sunday - 11am - 4pm (no change)
Any changes to the opening hours will have to be approved by the Suffolk Libraries Board and Suffolk County Council.