We’re asking people living in and around Needham Market their views on potential changes to the library’s opening hours.
The total number of opening hours would stay the same, but the hours would be slightly different on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays. The library proposes to close for lunch on Tuesdays and Saturdays, open later on Tuesday afternoons and close slightly earlier on Wednesday evenings.
The aim is to provide more consistent opening hours which allow local children to visit after school on Tuesdays.
Before making any changes, we want to canvas local people’s views. We’re also interested in your use of and thoughts about Needham Market Library. We’re inviting you to complete our online survey or fill in a paper form from the library by 28 March.
The proposed changes and opening hours are as follows:
- Monday - closed (no change)
- Tuesday - 10am - 1pm and 2pm - 5pm (currently 10am - 3pm)
- Wednesday - 2pm - 7pm (currently 2pm - 5pm and 5:30pm - 7:30pm)
- Thursday - 10am - 1pm and 2pm - 5pm (no change)
- Friday - 2pm - 5pm (no change)
- Saturday - 10am - 1pm and 2pm - 5pm (currently 10am - 5pm)
- Sunday - 11am - 4pm (no change)
Any changes to the opening hours will have to be approved by the Suffolk Libraries Board and Suffolk County Council in 2018.