We’re asking people living in and around Kedington their views on potential changes to the library’s opening hours.
The total number of opening hours would stay the same under the proposals, but the library would be closed on Sundays and open on Fridays and would be open and closed earlier on Tuesdays.
The proposals are designed to provide opening hours which better meet the needs of local people and are more in line with other activities at the community centre where the library is based.
These is already support from customers, the Friends of Kedington Library and Kedington Parish Council but we also want to canvas local people’s views. We’re also interested in your use of and thoughts about Kedington Library. We’re inviting you to complete our online survey or fill in a paper form from the library by 30 April.
The proposed changes and opening hours are as follows:
- Monday - closed (no change)
- Tuesday - 11:30am - 1pm and 1:30pm - 6pm (currently 2pm - 5pm and 5:30pm - 7:30pm)
- Wednesday - 9am - 1pm and 1:30pm - 4:30pm (currently open 9am - 1pm and 2pm - 5pm)
- Thursday - 1pm - 5pm (currently 11am - 1pm and 2pm - 5pm)
- Friday - 11am - 3pm (currently closed)
- Saturday - 9am - 1pm (no change)
- Sunday - closed (currently 1pm - 5pm)
Any changes to the opening hours will have to be approved by the Suffolk Libraries Board and Suffolk County Council before they take effect.