We’re asking people living in and around Haverhill their views on potential changes to the library’s opening hours.
The library proposes to open for more hours on Wednesdays. It currently closes for three hours in the middle of the day. The library would be open for the same number of hours per week as it is now, but the opening hours would be more consistent and better suited to local demand.
The extra three hours would be covered by closing the library an hour earlier on Wednesdays and two hours earlier on Thursdays.
Before making any changes, we want to canvas the views of as many customers and groups who use the library as possible. We’re also interested in your use of and thoughts about Haverhill Library. We’re inviting you to complete our online survey or fill in a paper form from the library by 17 January.
The proposed changes and opening hours are as follows:
- Monday - 9am - 1pm (no change)
- Tuesday - 9am - 7pm (no change)
- Wednesday - 9am - 5pm (the library is currently open 9am - 1pm and 4pm - 6pm)
- Thursday - 9am - 5pm (closing two hours earlier)
- Friday - 9am - 5pm (no change)
- Saturday - 9am – 4.30pm (no change)
- Sunday - 10am - 4pm (no change)
Any changes to the opening hours will have to be approved by the Suffolk Libraries Board and Suffolk County Council in 2018.