Manager: Maggie Lusher
Kinsey House, Kays Close, Kesgrave
|Monday||0900 - 1200|
|Tuesday||0900 – 1200, 1430 – 1700|
|Wednesday||1430 – 1800|
|Thursday||1430 – 2000|
|Friday||0900 – 1200, 1430 - 1800|
|Saturday||1000 – 1700|
|Sunday||1000 – 1500|
Room & venue hire
- Accessibility information
- Payments: cash, cheques and cards accepted
- Parking: 8 free spaces available in front of the library
- Out-of-hours book return available
- Display space: available for A4 or smaller posters
- For sale: 1st and 2nd class stamps, greetings cards, hand-made bookmarks, fudge, withdrawn adult fiction and withdrawn children's fiction.
- Range of children's literacy games to play in the library or borrow for a week
- Used postage stamp collection point in aid of St Elizabeth's Hospice
- Fundraising book sale shelf at Grange Farm Tesco
IT and printing facilities
Regular events and activities
Thursday (library otherwise closed until 1430), 1030-1100
Soothing songs and gentle nursery rhymes for babies.
Craft activities: for primary school age children
Term-time only. Under 8s must be accompanied by an adult.
second Monday of the month, 1000-1100
Do you enjoy sharing stories? Drop in, read a book or two from our selection with your child, then have a coffee and chat with other parents/carers while the children play and interact. Choose from books on a different theme each month.
Storytime: stories, songs and activities for pre-school children (term-time only).
Thursday (library otherwise closed until 1430), 0945-1015
Songs and action rhymes for toddlers.
Afternoon reading group
first Thursday of the month, 1445
Evening book group
one Thursday evening per month, 1900
IT drop in session: ask staff for help with basic computer tasks
third Monday of the month, 0930-1200
1:1 IT sessions: contact the library in advance to book a place
last Saturday of the month, 0930-1200
Arts, crafts & games
Knit and Natter
first and third Wednesday of the month, 1430
Health & wellbeing events
Macmillan Cancer Support coffee morning
fourth Monday of the month, 1000-1200
Drop-in support for people suffering with cancer and their carers. Meet others, have a chat and pick up information leaflets. Coffee, tea and biscuits provided.
Fundraising, stalls & book sales
second Sunday of the month, n/a
£1 per entry. First prize 25% of the month's pot, second prize 15% of the month's pot.
Upcoming special events
Wed 29 Jan, 2020 1200 – 1330