Manager: Julie Gulliver
Bridge Street, Halesworth
|Monday||0930 – 1200|
|Tuesday||0930 – 1730|
|Wednesday||0930 – 1730|
|Friday||0930 – 1800|
|Saturday||0930 – 1700|
|Sunday||1000 – 1500|
Room & venue hire
- Accessibility information
- Payments: cash, cheques and cards accepted
- Parking: unavailable
- Out-of-hours book return available
- Customer toilet
- Refreshments: £1 for a cup of coffee or tea
- Display space: Window space and poster display unit available to hire for posters and notices. Contact the library for more details.
- Which? available - ask staff for magazine or to log in
- For sale: Stamps, cards, artwork, jewellery, books from local authors, reading glasses and accessories from ReadySpex, Halesworth Library bags, bookmarks and pens.
IT and printing facilities
Regular events and activities
Baby Bounce and Tot Rock
Songs and rhymes for babies and toddlers.
Stay and Play
Play session for toddlers.
Craft activities: for primary school age children
- 15 September: Roald Dahl Day: Make Mr Twit's beard (yuck!)
- 22 September: Harvest festival
- 29 September: Autumn leaf craft.
Lego Club. £1 per builder.
every other Sunday, 1000-1100
Older people's events
Time Out: events and activities for older people
- 3 July: Foot health and wellbeing
- 10 July: Talk on Vietnam and Cambodia
- 17 July: Talk on alcoholism
- 24 July: Meet local author Roger Ley
- 31 July: Memories - Five Ways to Wellbeing with Wellbeing Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 August: Talk on experiences au pairing in Germany
- 14 August: Talk on Carlton Marshes from Suffolk Wildlife Trust
- 21 August: Learn about the work of Halesworth Town Council
- 28 August: Mandala crafts with Meraylah
- 4 September: Talk on will-writing, trusts, tax planning, Powers of Attorney and more with Silver Lining Estate Planning
- 11 September: a celebration of flowers with Irene
- 18 September: TBC
- 25 September: Share your current and favourite reads
- 2 October: Owl crafts with Diane
second Thursday of the month, 1930-2100
third Thursday of the month, 1930-2100
Visit the Halesworth Library book club website for more information.
Creative writing group
Run by local writer and publisher Tom Corbett. Book in advance on 07831364021. No session in August.
One to one sessions for absolute beginners (£15 per hour)
Sessions arranged on a mutually convenient basis, by appointment
One-to-one IT help for beginners and improvers: £7.50 for half an hour or £15 for an hour
Tuesday mornings, By appointment
Learn or improve skills using laptops, tablets (including iPads) and smartphones. All money raised to the Friends of Halesworth Library. Ask at the counter for more details.
Arts, crafts & games
alternate Tuesdays, 1400-1600
Bring along your current craft project to work on in the library while making new friends.
Mindful colouring: held in the gallery in the library
alternate Tuesdays, 1400-1600
Health & wellbeing events
Get Fit in your Chair: get trim and toned while sitting down with Sue Potter from Spot on Fitness: £4
Gentle seated, steady paced exercise class to increase fitness, strength and mobility. Adaptable to meet individual needs, work at your own pace and level. To find out more, visit Spot on Fitness on Facebook, call 07780707992 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Stretch and Tone: gentle seated stretching exercises with Sue Potter from Spot on Fitness: £4
Increase fitness, strength and mobility. Adaptable to meet individual needs, work at your own pace and level. To find out more, visit Spot on Fitness on Facebook, call 07780707992 or email email@example.com
Sociable Sunday: refreshments and conversation
every other Sunday, 1030-1230
All adults welcome to chat and make new friends.
Councillor surgeries & professional advice
Asperger's carers' group: meet other people and share your experiences
last Tuesday of the month, 1000-1200
County and district councillor surgery
second Saturday of the month, 1000-1100
Halesworth Dementia Support Project drop-in
second Wednesday of the month, 1030-1200
Realise Futures drop-in for adults with Learning Disabilities and on the Autistic Spectrum
Upcoming special events
Wed 25 Sep, 2019 1830 – 2000
Mon 30 Sep, 2019 1400 – 1630
Tue 1 Oct, 2019 1030 – 1400
Wed 2 Oct, 2019 1000 – 1600
Mon 28 Oct, 2019 1400 – 1630
Mon 25 Nov, 2019 1400 – 1630