Gainsborough Community Library
Manager: Mandy Grimwood
Clapgate Lane, Ipswich
- The Voices Café, toilets and meeting room will be closed on Tuesday 4 and Wednesday 5 June due to essential flooring works.
- Gainsborough Community Library and Ipswich Community Media are looking for two young volunteers aged 16+ to help run a radio project. This opportunity is for 2.5 hours a week and includes 10 weeks' free training. Contact the library for more information.
|Monday||0900 – 1800|
|Tuesday||0900 – 1700|
|Wednesday||0900 – 1700|
|Thursday||0900 – 1700|
|Friday||0900 – 1800|
|Saturday||0900 – 1700|
|Sunday||1100 – 1600|
Room & venue hire
- Accessibility information
- Payments: cash, cheques and cards accepted
- Parking: small car park available at rear of library
- Out-of-hours book return available
- Customer toilet
- Free sanitary products available
- Refreshments: available in our café
- Display space: two cork boards in cafe area for A3, A4 or A5 posters
- Which? available - ask staff for magazine or to log in
- Move It sports equipment available to borrow
- Literacy and learning games available to borrow
IT and printing facilities
Regular events and activities
Art session for 11+ year-olds: term-time only
Bookstart singing and stay and play
Boys' group: for ages 12-16
Boys' group: for ages 8-11
Programme includes health cooking, science fun and fitness fun. Contact the library for more information.
Craft activities: for primary school age children
Girls' group: have fun and build your self-esteem
- 3 June: 5 Ways to Wellbeing book craft
- 10 June: visit from therapy dog Brutus
- 17 June: Women 100 resource box activities
- Thursday 20 June: Outing to Ringo's 6-7pm - max 20 girls
- 24 June: Cooking
- 1 July: Sound studio & voice recording
- 8 July: Sound studio & voice recording
- 15 July: Movie night
- 22 July: Outing - location tbc
Lego Club, board games and table football
Wednesday, 1545-1645 (1530-1645 during summer holidays)
Stay & Play
Social time for parents and small children. Toys and colouring, plus story and rhyme time from 11-11:30am.
Street Dance with Just Jay: for children aged 8+
£1 a session, term-time only.
Older people's events
Top Time: events and activities for older people
Absolute Beginners: book in advance
Sessions arranged on a mutually convenient basis, N/a
Internet and mobile phone training sessions for beginners: drop-in
Monday every 2 weeks, 1030-1200
Arts, crafts & games
Adult social group
Pool, table tennis, board games and more
third Sunday of the month, 1430
All welcome, colouring sheets available to keep children entertained.
Bring in your own craft, learn something new, or enjoy some colouring-in.
Family craft, games and singing - join our choir!
Family colouring group
Saturday, 1130-1230 (1100-1300 during summer holidays)
Health & wellbeing events
Bujinkan martial arts: beginners welcome
16+ only, email email@example.com for more information.
HIIT and boxing fitness with Suffolk Sport: for 14-19 year-olds
Free fitness satellite club
New age kurling and boccia free junior session
New Age Kurling & Boccia
£2 per session, includes hot drinks and biscuits.
Sharing stories: for adults with learning disabilities and their carers
Singing for the soul
Fundraising, stalls & book sales
Coffee morning in the cafe
Adult colouring available or bring your own craft.
Upcoming special events
Tue 21 May, 2019 1545 – 1645
Wed 22 May, 2019 1700 – 1745
Mon 3 Jun, 2019 1400 – 1600
Wed 5 Jun, 2019 1400 – 1500
Mon 10 Jun, 2019 1400 – 1600
Mon 17 Jun, 2019 1400 – 1600
Tue 18 Jun, 2019 1530 – 1645
Wed 19 Jun, 2019 1400 – 1500
Fri 21 Jun, 2019 1600 – 1800
Sat 22 Jun, 2019 1200 – 1600
Sat 22 Jun, 2019 1330 –
Mon 24 Jun, 2019 1400 – 1600
Fri 9 Aug, 2019 1100 –