Information that Suffolk Libraries collects about you or your child
- Your library account details (name, address, date of birth, gender, phone number, email and borrowing history).
- Your email address, if you sign up for the Suffolk Libraries monthly email newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the newsletter. We will not use your email for anything else or share it with it anyone. (You can also talk to your local library about receiving updates from them via email).
- In some libraries we have CCTV systems which are used for security and crime reduction.
What Suffolk Libraries does with your information
- We may contact you about your account
- We may need to work out any overdue charges
- We may send you a newsletter, if you have subscribed
- We may use anonymised customer data to analyse our effectiveness and develop new services.
Protecting your information
We are committed to keeping your information secure and we have appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures in place to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure.
We do not pass your information on to third parties unless there is a serious reason to do so. It happens very rarely and is usually for the following reasons:
- The detection and prevention of crime or fraudulent activity; or
- To protect a child or vulnerable adult who are thought to be at risk; or
- If there is a serious risk to the public or our staff.
We may release CCTV footage to the police to help prosecute criminals.
You may login to your library account at any time and make changes. You may request access to any personal information we hold about you and request corrections.
If you have any concerns about the data we hold about you, contact email@example.com