Suffolk Writes is a project giving you the opportunity to make your written work available to Suffolk Libraries customers to borrow.
If you have written a novel, short story or poetry and you want people to read it then this is the project for you!
What you need to provide:
- A completed piece of work in ePub format (guide: converting a Word doc to ePub) that you own the copyright to
- A brief synopsis or description of your work to appear on the library catalogue
- Cover artwork, if available (again you must own the copyright) if you do not have a cover we will provide a Suffolk Libraries cover
- Suffolk Writes permissions form for contributors (Word doc)
Suffolk Libraries will:
- Upload your work to Overdrive, our ebook service
- Promote your ebook as part of the wider project via our website, social media and other media contacts
- Provide details on how many loans your book has had and any star ratings that have been given (readers have the option to give a star rating on books they have read via Overdrive)
You’ll retain the copyright of any material you submit to Suffolk Libraries and you’ll be listed as the publisher in the catalogue entry, ensuring it is a truly self-published ebook. This means you will be free to distribute your work in any other way you wish, and if at any time you want us to remove your ebook from our catalogue you just need to ask.
Your work will be read by a volunteer reviewer before it is added to our catalogue to ensure that it meets our collection policy criteria. They will be looking at things like the overall presentation, spelling and grammar and the content of your work.
If you have written work to contribute or would be interested in being a volunteer reviewer please email email@example.com for more information.
Links and documents
You can find Suffolk Writes self published ebooks on Overdrive.