Do you love talking about sport?
We’ve teamed up with the Sporting Memories Network to host six Sporting Memories reminiscence groups across our libraries from early 2018.
Our Sporting Memories groups offer over-50s the chance to:
- Handle superb sporting images and memorabilia from local and national collections
- Revisit and share memories of taking part in or watching sporting events
- Talk about any kind of sport, from football to speedway, cricket to athletics and beyond
- Enjoy sport-themed games, quizzes and gentle activities
- Banish loneliness and make new, like-minded friends.
Sporting Memories Groups will run weekly at the following libraries:
- Ipswich County Library - Tuesdays, 2:15pm - 3:45pm
- Lowestoft Library - Thursdays, 10:30am - 12:15pm
- Newmarket Library - Fridays, 10:30am - 12:15pm - Currently being held at Newmarket Racing Centre
- Shotley (Suffolk Libraries Local) - second Monday of the month, 1pm - 2:45pm
- Stowmarket Library - Wednesdays, 10:30am - 12:15pm
Just come along to a session to find out more, whether for yourself or someone else.
People with dementia and mental health difficulties are especially welcome.