Our RBdigital service will be discontinued on Wednesday 31 July 2019. After this date, you can continue to access a huge range of magazines and newspapers for free with our PressReader service.
RBdigital allows you to download PDF files of magazines for an unlimited time. This service is available through a web browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari or Internet Explorer. An app called RBdigital is available for Android, iOS and newer Amazon Kindle Fires.
Setting up your device to download digital magazines with RBdigital
On a computer
- Go to the RBdigital website and click the ‘Register’ link in the top right hand corner of the home page
- Enter your library card number and click ‘Next’
- Register an account with your name, email and a password and click ‘Create Account’
- Suffolk Libraries’ RBdigital service will now be available to use.
On an tablet or smartphone
- Download and install the RBdigital app from the App Store, Play Store or Kindle Fire App Store
- When the download is complete, click ‘Open’
- When the RBdigital app opens, select ‘Not a member? Register now.’
- Choose ‘United Kingdom’ as your country and press ‘choose library’ to continue
- Select ‘Suffolk Libraries’ from the drop-down menu, then press ‘create account’
- The service will now be available to use.
Downloading digital magazines with RBdigital
On a computer
- Go to the RBdigital website and find a magazine through the search bar or by browsing the website
- Select the magazine you want and click ‘Checkout’. You have the option to receive email notifications when the next issue of the magazine becomes available
- Click the button ‘Start reading’ to view the magazine
- To view all of your magazines, click the ‘My Collection’ link in the top right hand corner of the home page.
On the RBdigital app for Android, iOS and Amazon Kindle Fire
- Press the three horizontal lines on the top left-hand side of the app and select ‘Magazines’. Alternatively, if you are looking at the ‘Checked Out’ screen, you can press ‘Explore’ on the top right-hand side
- Select the magazine you want and press ‘Checkout’. You have the option to receive email notifications when the next issue of the magazine becomes available. Some iOS users may see the ‘download from cloud’ symbol instead of ‘Checkout.’
- Press the ‘Read’ button underneath the magazine’s picture to view it
- To view all of your magazines, press the three horizontal lines on the top left-hand side of the app and select ‘Checked Out’.
Alternatively, see RBDigital’s Downloading Magazines video tutorial for a step-by-step visual guide to using the RBdigital app.
On the Zinio for Libraries app for Amazon Kindle Fire
NB. Zinio for Libraries only offers the functionality to read the magazines you have downloaded. You will need to use a browser to choose your magazines.
- Follow steps 1 and 2 from the ‘downloading digital magazines with RBdigital on a computer’ in a browser.
- The titles you have selected should now show on the main page of the Zinio for Libraries app. RBdigital help page →