If you have written a novel, short story or poetry and you want people to read it then this is the project for you!
What you need to provide:
- If you’re submitting a novel: the complete work in both Word and ePub format
- If you’re submitting a collection of short stories and/or poetry: a separate Word document for each individual piece. We’ll collate and convert them to ePub for you.
- A brief synopsis or description of your work to appear on the library catalogue
- Cover artwork, if available (again you must own the copyright) if
you do not have a cover we will provide a Suffolk Libraries cover
- Suffolk Writes permissions form for contributors (Word doc)
You must own the copyright to any work you submit. We are unable to accept non-fiction submissions.
Suffolk Libraries will:
- Upload your work to Overdrive, our ebook service
- Promote your ebook as part of the wider project via our website, social media and other media contacts
You’ll retain the copyright of any material you submit to Suffolk
Libraries and you’ll be listed as the publisher in the catalogue entry,
ensuring it is a truly self-published ebook. This means you will be free
to distribute your work in any other way you wish, and if at any time
you want us to remove your ebook from our catalogue you just need to
Your work will be read by a volunteer reviewer before it is added to
our catalogue to ensure that it meets our collection policy criteria.
They will be looking at things like the overall presentation, spelling
and grammar and the content of your work.
If you have written work to contribute or would be interested in being a volunteer reviewer please email email@example.com for more information.
Links and documents
You can find Suffolk Writes self published ebooks on Overdrive.