You can apply for a library card if you:
- live in Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire or Essex
- work in or visit Suffolk, but don't live here
Your library card allows you to:
Your library card is free.
Getting a library card
Visit a library
Go to any any Suffolk library or mobile library:
- If you live in Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire or Essex bring proof of address
- If your home address isn’t in these counties bring your work address or the address you’re visiting
Apply for a card online
You can only apply for a card online if you live in Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire or Essex.
When you apply online you'll be taken to a different website.
We will email your library card number within one working day so you can start using the eLibrary straight away. We will also send your card in the post.
If you are 16 or under you will need a guarantor.
Replacing a library card
You can purchase a replacement card update your account by visiting one of our libraries with ID and proof of address. There is a £1.50 charge for a replacement card.
Logging in online
If you have a Suffolk Libraries card you can login online with the card number and 4 digit PIN. When you login you can:
- Make reservations for collection from any Suffolk Library
- Update your library account
- Renew titles
- Sign up for email notifications when reservations arrive, titles are due back or when they're overdue
If you don't know your PIN, call us on 01473 351249 with your library card number, or visit any Suffolk library with your library card or some ID.