Note: OverDrive and Libby do not work with Kindle ereaders.
Some eReaders have Libby available on the device. Simply open Libby and enter your card details.
All Kobo eReaders will already have the Libby app downloaded on them.
The Libby app is not available in the Amazon app store on Kindle Fire devices, but it can be installed by following the steps below:
- On your device, go to 'Settings', then 'Security' (or 'Applications')
- Select the option to 'Enable Apps from Unknown Sources' (this will prompt a warning message, that is normal)
- Open your device's Silk Browser and visit the Good eReader website
- In the top right corner of the page you should see a search box. Search for 'Libby'
- An icon for 'Libby, by OverDrive' should appear. Press the icon
- A new page will appear. Below the icon image there should be an orange 'Download' button. Tap this button
- After the download is complete, tap 'Open' then 'Install' to install the Libby app
- Launch the Libby app and begin Libby's initial app setup
- Go back to 'Settings', then 'Security' and disable the setting 'Enable Apps from Unknown Sources