All children in care aged 0-18 are eligible for a free Suffolk Libraries card. This looks exactly the same as an ordinary library card, but:
- They won't incur charges for overdue or lost items
- They won't have to pay for a replacement card if they lose it
Children can also use their library cards to borrow:
They can have up to 20 books and six audiobooks out at a time.
Children in long-term care are entitled to a welcome pack alongside their library card. Each pack includes:
- A free sound and vision loan voucher
- Information about events and activities in libraries
- A free book.
If you are a carer looking after a child in long term care or their support worker you can register them for a library card at any library in Suffolk.
The child does not need to be present and staff will ask you for:
- Your Carers ID or CYP identification badge
- Your contact details and
- The child's date of birth
If you would like to know more, contact email@example.com