- Promote Elmswell Library as a vital part of the local community
- Raise funds that will increase the provision of library services
- Support the library staff in delivering a highly effective service
- Provide more opportunities for the community to engage with the library
- Contribute to the development of library services in Suffolk
Who we are
- Chairman: Jimmy Jewell
- Secretary: June Pursglove
- Treasurer: Emma Yarrow
- Jimmy Jewell email: email@example.com
- June Pursglove email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emma Yarrow email: email@example.com
Other committee members:
- Amanda Roberts
- David Grunbaum
- Anne Grunbaum
- Sylvia Wilson
- Gill Lepley
- Carrol Saddler
- Annie Robinson
- Penny Simpson
- Siobhan Holcombe
The story so far
Elmswell Library Friends (ELF) was set up in 2012 to help support the running of the library. The main criteria was to raise funds to support the library’s services but once the pressure eased, ELF decided to update and refurbish the fittings to meet today’s needs.
An appeal was launched in June 2014 to raise £10,000 to decorate the interior of the building, provide new shelving and furniture and to make the area more modern, flexible and further fit the needs of its customers.
We have held a wine and cheese evening and more recently a successful Christmas Draw which was well-supported by local businesses and organisations.
The East of England Co-op, HC Wilson, Jewsons, Coastal Graphics and Waitrose are some of the businesses who have supported ELF to date.
The Elmswheelians cycle group have held two annual cycle events and raised nearly £1500 towards the appeal total which has now reached £6,500.
ELF hit its £10,000 target in March 2015, however, with a little more fundraising we can afford to totally refurbish the library, replacing all the children’s furniture and reconfiguring the staffing area. So we are continuing for a while longer! We hope, however, to start the refurbishment in Autumn 2015.
After a second highly successful wine evening (Spanish Wine and Tapas) in May 2015, which has raised more than £500, we are now looking towards a Christmas Wine and Nibbles evening later this year.
The third annual Elmswheelians Cycle Ride will be held on Friday, July 17 at 6:30pm. A 15-mile cycle ride through some of Suffolk’s beautiful lanes, concluding in Elmswell’s The Fox pub where there will be a raffle.