Who we are
- Chair: Simon Woods
- Secretary: Sylvia Knights
- Treasurer: Amanda King
- Frances Swann
- Judy Cloke
- Maureen Davies
- Dave Wolfenden
- Chris Davey
- Jane Paul
- Carol Matthews
- Jan Hazell
- Christine Douglas
It’s simple to become a member and costs a nominal £1 membership fee. If you’re interested in joining us, call into the library for an application form for further details.
The story so far
We’re a registered charity (Registered Charity Number 1151649), set up in 2012 as a direct response to the need for a community group to support the library and raise funds for further development. We’re made up of a board of trustees and 55 members.
- Our secretary Sylvia Knights was nominated and voted to the Suffolk’s Libraries IPS board in September 2015, she has also been appointed Vice Chair
- Raised funds to redecorate main library in November 2014
- Installed 3 additional public computers for free customer use
- Jointly purchased a Harold Steggles Shell advertisement poster on behalf of the town, now displayed within the Library.
- Welcomed Louis de Bernières as our new patron
- Increased our range of greetings cards to compensate for the recent closure of Lodge Cordell and the Post Office
To continue to promote the library and its services