The information here is related to Suffolk Libraries use of Fundraise Up for the purpose of processing one-off or regular donations via our website.
Information we collect and why
When you use this platform to donate, we will collect the following information from you:
- Your name and email address (as mandatory). Where you agree to Gift Aid a donation, in line with HMRC requirements we will ask for your full postal address.
- With your consent, we will send you further direct marketing communications by email, which you can opt out of at the bottom of any email we send you.
- We will only use this information to process your donation and keep a record of it. We do not have access to your financial information, which is securely managed by a recognised payment gateway or credit card agency.
- Any consents given will be managed according to our full privacy statement. We will always keep your data safe and secure.
Suggested donation amounts
The Fundraise Up platform features functionality, known as machine learning, that can suggest a donation amount to you, based on analysis of publicly available data related to your location, browser type and device, and website activity and any previous donations made to Suffolk Libraries through Fundraise Up. This information is only ever used anonymously and in ways that cannot identify any individual.
We use this service in our legitimate interest and to support our charitable work. Any suggested donation amount can be ignored. There is no automatic decision making involved in this activity.
Suffolk Libraries deducts the following:
- 1.4% fee + 20p processing fee from your donation to help cover transaction costs and keep our online donation service secure, and
- An option to deduct an application fee of 18p per transaction
If you decide to cover the application fee, this will ensure more of your donation goes towards helping the library service.
This platform uses two strictly necessary cookies to set user preferences, remember session content and help with anti-fraud detection.
Data sharing and international transfers
Data is only shared with Fundraise Up for the purposes of service provision. Fundraise Up business servers are located and backed-up in North America. Suffolk Libraries has ensured that adequate and recognised safeguards are in place before any necessary international data transfers take place.
How long do we keep your data?
Data is only kept for as long as it is needed for the purpose is collected.
Your rights and contact information
Your full rights are outlined in the full privacy statement but if you have any immediate concerns or questions about this privacy statement, suggested donation amounts or any other data protection issues, please contact our Compliance Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org