- Promote Leiston Library to ensure it continues to be relevant and central to the community
- Encourage and enable the library to widen provision of services to the community
- Support the library staff in their endeavours to deliver an excellent library service
- Encourage the community to engage with the library and use its facilities especially younger members
- Contribute to Suffolk Libraries’ initiatives and development
Who we are
- Chairman: Sheila Fox
- Secretary: Sue Liddell
- Treasurer: John Rayner
- Phil Harle
- Bill Howard
- Chris Laschet
- Robin Saville
- Mary Wylie
- Ex officio library manager: Gayla Rowling
We would like to encourage more young people to join the committee. If you are interested please contact the secretary on email@example.com.
- Tel: 01728 831252
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What we do
We are a voluntary advisory committee of Leiston Town Council who meet quarterly, to oversee the running of Leiston Library on their behalf. Leiston Town Council is a member of the IPS (Suffolk Libraries).
Leiston Library garden
Leiston Library interior
The library was redecorated in 2015 and is a warm and welcoming place to be. It also supports the town’s Fair Trade status, selling Fair Trade hot drinks and chocolate, making it a lovely place to spend time.
This has all been made possible by generous grants from:
- Leiston and Sizewell Communities Fund
- Enabling Communities Fund
- Leiston Town Council who, as well as giving a grant, support us in so many ways
- Westleton, Knodishall and Aldringham, Theberton and Eastbridge Parish Councils
Library staff, volunteers and the advisory group have been fundraising for the library and have generated funds from Waitrose, craft sales and shortly cards and stamps.
The future looks bright for our library and we are confident that we will continue to provide an exciting, reliable, relevant and progressive library service to Leiston and its surrounding villages.