Download a role profile (PDF).
We’re looking for a relief library and information advisor for holiday and absence cover in the Sudbury area. We’re looking for an individual who:
- Has an aspiration to deliver excellent customer service
- Has appropriate and effective communication skills to build positive and supportive relations with our customers, team and community
- Is enthusiastic, keen and willing to deliver the programme of activities we offer including children’s activities and crafts
- Is IT literate and competent in the use of the internet, email, mobile devices and applications and could also offer guidance to customers
- Can work as an effective team member
- Understands Suffolk Libraries’ services and what it delivers.
This role has no guaranteed hours and will involve weekend work and cover for any permanent staff absences due to annual leave, training or sickness. As there is a variety of library sizes in the Sudbury area, the role may involve some lone working at times.
Please note that as some of the libraries are in rural locations with limited public transport links, a willingness to travel to other libraries is essential.
If you have experience in a customer facing role, enjoy helping people, have a willingness to work within a team in a busy environment and an interest in books and computers, we would like to hear from you.
The rate of pay is £8.42 per hour.
If you are interested, please send a CV and supporting statement outlining what you could bring to this position and Suffolk Libraries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
As users of the disability conﬁdent scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
The closing date for applications is Friday 28 June 2019. Interviews will be held on Friday 12 July 2019 at Sudbury Library.