Download a role profile (PDF).
We’re looking for a library and information advisor at Stowmarket Library. We’re looking for an individual who:
- Has an aspiration to deliver excellent customer service
- Has appropriate and effective communication skills to build positive and supportive relations with our customers, team and community
- Is enthusiastic, keen and willing to deliver the programme of activities we offer, including children’s activities and crafts
- Is IT literate and competent in the use of the internet, email, mobile devices and applications and who could also offer guidance to customers
- Can work as an effective team member
- Understands Suffolk Libraries’ services and what it delivers.
If you have experience in a customer facing role, enjoy helping people, have a willingness to work within a team in a busy environment and an interest in books and computers, we would like to hear from you.
This role is for an average of 10 hours per week: 4 hours on Saturdays and 6 hours on Sundays.
The rate of pay is £8.42 per hour.
If you are interested, please send a CV and supporting statement outlining what you could bring to this position and Suffolk Libraries to: email@example.com
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 9 October 2019. Interviews will be held on Tuesday 22 October 2019.
If you are invited to an interview, you will need to bring along some documents to verify your identity.