Download a role profile (PDF).
We’re looking for a library and information advisor at Stoke Library. We’re looking for an individual who:
- Has an aspiration to deliver excellent customer service
- Has appropriate and effective communication skills to build positive and supportive relations with our customers, team and community
- Can engage confidently with young people and is enthusiastic, keen and willing to deliver the programme of activities we offer including children’s activities and crafts
- Is IT literate and competent in the use of the internet, email, mobile devices and applications and who could also offer guidance to customers
- Can work as an effective team member
- Understands Suffolk Libraries’ services and what it delivers.
If you have experience in a customer facing role, enjoy helping people, have a willingness to work within a team in a busy environment, experience of working with children and an interest in books and computers, we would like to hear from you.
This role is for an average of 6.5 hours per week (allowing for opening and closing time) in the following pattern:
Sat 9:30am - 12:30pm; Sun 10am - 1pm
The rate of pay is £8.42 per hour.
If you are interested, please send a CV and supporting statement outlining what you could bring to this position and Suffolk Libraries to: email@example.com
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
The closing date for applications is Monday 8 July 2019. Interviews will be held on Monday 15 July 2019.