Download a role profile (PDF).
We’re looking for a prison library manager at HMP Ranby, a category C men’s prison in Nottinghamshire. We’re looking for an individual who:
- Is an experienced library professional who has a deep understanding of the important role of libraries in society
- Can lead, manage and motivate a team of staff and orderlies to provide a customer focused and responsive service
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and is friendly and approachable with a confident manner and the ability to remain vigilant
- Is proactive and able to promote innovative ideas that will make the library relevant and increase the use of the prison library offer
- Is IT literate and competent in the use of computer packages, including a library management system, to provide a range of services to residents
- Will use time at work effectively to achieve goals individually and with the team through exceptional time management and organisational skills
- Has sufficient emotional resilience to work in what an be a challenging but highly rewarding environment.
This is a full-time position working 37 hours a week, which will include weekend working.
The rate of pay is £24,000-27,000. There is a package of benefits which includes a pension scheme and life assurance.
This role is subject to successful security and identity vetting through the prison service.
If you are interested, please send a CV and supporting statement outlining what you could bring to this position and Suffolk Libraries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
The closing date for applications is Friday 16 August 2019. Interviews will be held on Friday 23 August 2019.
If you are invited to an interview, you will need to bring along some documents to verify your identity.