Download a role profile (PDF).
We’re looking for two library and information advisors at Lowestoft Library. We’re looking for individuals who:
- Have an aspiration to deliver excellent customer service
- Have appropriate and effective communication skills to build positive and supportive relations with our customers, team and community
- Can engage confidently with young people and are enthusiastic, keen and willing to deliver the programme of activities we offer including children’s activities and crafts
- Are IT literate and competent in the use of the internet, email, mobile devices and applications and who could also offer guidance to customers
- Can work as effective team members
- Understand Suffolk Libraries’ services and what it delivers.
If you have experience in a customer facing role, enjoy helping people, have a willingness to work within a team in a busy environment, experience of working with children and an interest in books and computers, we would like to hear from you.
Position 1 is for an average of 16.125 hours per week in the following pattern:
Week 1: Mon 10:30am - 2pm; Tue 10:30am - 2pm; Thu 1pm - 7pm; Fri 10:30am - 2pm
Week 2: Mon 10:30am - 2pm; Tue 8:45am - 2pm; Wed 10:30am - 2pm; Sat 10:30am - 3:30pm
Position 2 is for an average of 19.125 hours per week in the following pattern:
Week 1: Mon 8:45am - 1pm; Fri 8:45am - 5pm; Sat 9am - 5pm
Week 2: Mon 9am - 6pm; Tue 10:30am - 7pm; Fri 8:45am - 1pm
The rate of pay is £8.42 per hour.
If you are interested, please send a CV and supporting statement outlining which position you are interested in, and what you could bring to it and Suffolk Libraries, to: email@example.com
As users of the disability conﬁdent scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 3 July 2019. Interviews will be held on Tuesday 16 July 2019.