Download a role profile (PDF).
We are currently looking for a relief caretaker to work on an ‘as and when’ basis to cover a broad range of duties. These include responsibility for opening and closing buildings, library security, health and safety issues, general maintenance and distribution of mail and other materials around the building.
We’re looking for an individual to:
- Be a visible presence and carry out regular security patrols within and around the building
- Maintain security, acting as key holder and assisting with public order, taking appropriate action to ensure safety of users and staff
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and presentation within the premises
- Meet basic repair and maintenance needs of the building and surrounding area
- Move furniture around the building as required
- Be customer-orientated and achieve good customer relations.
Procedural training will be provided, but we require the following skills and experience:
- Ability to communicate with a wide cross-section of people
- IT skills, including emails and completing online forms
- Basic DIY skills using hand and power tools
- Ability to deal with difficult and disruptive people confidently and appropriately
- Basic knowledge of health and safety requirements.
This role has no guaranteed hours and will involve weekend work and cover for any permanent staff absences due to annual leave, training or sickness.
The rate of pay commences at £8.19 per hour.
If you are interested, please send a CV and supporting statement outlining what you could bring to this position and Suffolk Libraries to: email@example.com
As users of the disability conﬁdent scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
The closing date for applications is Friday 22 March 2019. Interviews will be held in the week commencing Monday 1 April 2019.