Download a role profile (PDF).
We’re looking for a governance co-ordinator to be based at Ipswich County Library. Reporting to the compliance manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the governance arrangements for Suffolk Libraries and supporting our Board. You will also play a big role in helping to support our ongoing compliance agenda in relation to quality assurance and the management of our new incident management framework (IMF).
This role involves:
- Ensuring that legal, statutory and other provisions governing or affecting Suffolk Libraries are observed
- Organising, scheduling and attending all Committee and Board meetings and to provide advice on procedure
- Taking minutes of all Committee and Board meetings and ensuring decisions are implemented
- Being responsible for the upkeep of key legal documents, such as leases and agreements, ensuring they are available when required
- Managing the filing system so that consistency and easy accessibility is maintained
- Having an understanding of Suffolk Libraries as a whole and contributing to the Wider Leadership Team, which will include attending general staff meetings.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is a self-starter, has exceptional attention to detail and the ability to manage upwards
- Can be flexible in approach, with the ability to take ownership of new priorities at short notice
- Has excellent verbal, written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Can take notes of complex information and produce accurate minutes
- Is analytical and enjoys the challenge of manipulating data to produce key trends
- Is comfortable working at all levels, and is discreet and trustworth
This role is for 22 hours over three days per week.
The rate of pay is £19,000-20,000 pro rata.
If you are interested, please apply through our online job portal.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
The closing date for applications is Monday 21 October 2019. Interviews will be held on Tuesday 29 October 2019.
If you are invited to an interview, you will need to bring along some documents to verify your identity.