Download a role profile (PDF).
We’re looking for a library manager at Halesworth Library. We’re looking for an individual who:
- Can lead, manage and motivate a team of staff and volunteers to provide a customer focussed, responsive service
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills and enjoys engaging with people and building relationships
- Is proactive and able to promote innovative ideas that will help make the library relevant and increase use of the library service
- Can support, assist and train staff and customers to access IT, based on personal knowledge of PCs, the internet, library computer systems and MS Office
- Can work effectively with the Friends of Halesworth Library to continue to develop the support from the local community.
This role is for 60 hours per fortnight in the following pattern:
Week 1: Tue 9:15am - 5:45pm; Wed 9:15am - 5:45pm; Fri 9:15am - 6:15pm
Week 2: Mon 9am - 5pm; Tue 9:15am - 5:45pm; Wed 9:15am - 5:45pm; Fri 9:15am - 6:15pm; Sat 9:15am - 5:15pm
The rate of pay is £10.62 per hour (£20,495.69 pro-rata).
If you are interested, please send a CV and supporting statement outlining what you could bring to this position and Suffolk Libraries to: email@example.com
As users of the disability conﬁdent scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 8 May 2019. Interviews will be held on Thursday 23 May 2019.