Download a role profile (PDF).
We’re looking for a library manager at Framlingham Library. We’re looking for an individual who:
- Can lead, manage and motivate a team of staff and volunteers to provide a customer focussed, responsive service
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills and enjoys engaging with people and building relationships
- Is proactive and able to promote innovative ideas that will increase use of the library
- Can support, assist and train staff and customers to access IT, including computers, tablets and smartphones
- Can prioritise and manage time effectively to achieve both team and individual goals
- Has the necessary communication and partnership working skills to work effectively with The Friends of Framlingham Library in helping to enhance and improve the library.
This role is for an average of 16.88 hours per week in the following pattern:
Week 1: Tue 10am - 2:30pm; Thurs 10am - 2pm; Fri 9:15am - 1:15pm; Sat 10am - 5pm
Week 2: Tue 10am - 2:30pm; Thurs 10am - 2pm; Fri 9:15am - 1:15pm
Week 3: Tue 10am - 2:30pm; Thurs 10am - 2pm; Fri 9:15am - 1:15pm; Sat 10am - 5pm
Week 4: Tue 10am - 2:30pm; Thurs 10am - 2pm; Fri 9:15am - 1:15pm; Sun 10:45am - 4:15pm
The rate of pay is £10.62 per hour (£20,495.69 pro-rata).
If you are interested, please send a CV and supporting statement outlining what you could bring to this position and Suffolk Libraries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
As users of the disability conﬁdent scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
The closing date for applications is Friday 27 September 2019.
If you are invited to an interview, you will need to bring along some documents to verify your identity.