Download a role profile (PDF).
We’re looking for a library manager at Elmswell Library. We’re looking for an individual who:
- Can lead, manage and motivate a team of staff and volunteers to provide a customer focussed, responsive service
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills and enjoys engaging with people and building relationships
- Is proactive and able to promote innovative ideas that will increase use of the library
- Can support, assist and train staff and customers to access IT, including computers, tablets and smartphones
- Can prioritise and manage time effectively to achieve both team and individual goals
- Has the necessary communication and partnership working skills to work effectively with The Friends of Elmswell Library in helping to enhance and improve the library.
This role is for an average of 17.75 hours per fortnight in the following pattern:
Week 1: Tue 9:45am - 1:15pm; Wed 1:45pm - 5:15pm; Thu 9:45am - 1:15pm; Fri 1:45pm - 5:15pm
Week 2: Tue 9:45am - 1:15pm; Wed 1:45pm - 5:15pm; Thu 9:45am - 1:15pm; Fri 1:45pm - 5:15pm; Sat 9:45am - 1:15pm
The rate of pay is £10.62 per hour (£20,495.69 pro-rata).
If you are interested, please send a CV and supporting statement outlining what you could bring to this position and Suffolk Libraries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
As users of the disability conﬁdent scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
The closing date for applications is Friday 23 August 2019. Interviews will be held on Tuesday 17 September 2019.
If you are invited to an interview, you will need to bring along some documents to verify your identity.