Download a role profile (PDF).
We’re looking for a caretaker at Bury St Edmunds Library. We’re looking for an individual who can:
- Be a visible presence and carry out regular security patrols within and around the building
- Maintain security, acting as key holder, and assisting with public order, taking appropriate action to ensure safety of users and staff
- Be responsible for supporting groups and organisations’ use of rooms for hire within the building
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and presentation within the premises
- Meet basic repair and maintenance needs of the building and surrounding area
- Move goods, stock and furniture around the building as required
- Support staff in the provision of activities and services throughout the building
- Be customer-orientated and achieve good customer relations.
Procedural training will be provided, but the successful candidate will already have:
- The ability to communicate with a wide cross-section of people
- Knowledge of IT skills to include emails and completing online forms
- Basic DIY skills using hand and power tools
- The ability to deal with difficult and disruptive people confidently and appropriately
- Basic knowledge of health and safety requirements.
This role is for 32.88 average hours per week in the following pattern:
- Week 1: Mon 7:30am - 6pm; Wed 7:30am - 6pm; Fri 7:30am - 8pm
- Week 2: Tue 7:30am - 8pm; Thu 7:30am - 6pm; Sat 7:30am - 5:30pm; Sun 9:15am - 4:30pm
The rate of pay is £8.42 per hour.
If you are interested, please send a CV and supporting statement outlining what you could bring to this position and Suffolk Libraries to: email@example.com
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
The closing date for applications is Friday 9 August 2019. Interviews will be held on Wednesday 4 September 2018.
If you are invited to an interview, you will need to bring along some documents to verify your identity.