Volunteers can get involved with Suffolk Libraries in many ways:
Our volunteers play a vital part in supporting the library service and the services and activities we provide to local people.
They do not replace paid staff, but work alongside them in a range of
roles. Libraries are great places to volunteer and there are many
opportunities to get involved.
What's in it for you?
Research shows that when you give your time to others, there are benefits for you as well:
- You'll meet dynamic, friendly people, make new friends and help to inspire and support others
- Choose from a diverse range of opportunities and activities
- Learn new skills, share those you already have and get some great experience for your CV
- Help to strengthen your local community
Volunteering ... can have a positive effect on your sense of
purpose, autonomy and happiness; it helps to develop skills and
- Summer Reading Challenge independent research study, OPM 2014.
Find out more